Why Courier Service Is Your Safest Choice In This Pandemic
No one can deny that Covid-19 has turned the world upside down. During these uncertain times, it is crucial that you keep your business moving like before. These are tough times and you need to serve the community with your goods and services. But how? Handling everything in-house and keeping your staff safe from the virus is a daunting task. No one knows how this virus is getting transmitted so fast from human to human. Precautions are all that we can take at this moment. This is not only costly, but you are still unsure whether you can protect each one of them.
Why not delegate some of your tasks like storing, distributing and delivering products to a courier service company? This will save your time and you can rest assured they are taking the best safety precautions to ensure their team as well as your team and customers are safe.
Let’s go through all the measures courier companies are following, both for their customers and staff, as per the recommendations and guidelines from the World Health Organization (WHO).
Safety precautions taken by delivery service providers
- Since the top concern right now should be the safety and health of company employees, firms are investing a lot on Personal Protective Equipment, masks, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant.
- Thermal screening and temperature checks are mandatory processes and anyone with a temperature above normal is told to go home and asked to consult a doctor.
- Keeping the workspace clean is the topmost priority now and members are encouraged to follow hygiene practices strictly.
- Minimum or least face-to-face meetings are less frequently conducted. Most meetings and discussions are held over video conferences to ensure no physical contact.
- Social distancing is followed for warehouse personnel and staff involved in product packaging and loading/unloading.
- Less congested shipping areas are maintained and sanitizing stations are provided.
Steps were taken by courier service agencies for the customers’ safety
- Contactless delivery with online payments. The items are either left at the doorstep of the recipient or near the receiver, while they view the delivery occurring at a safe distance.
- Frequent cleaning and sanitization of vehicles and equipment to reduce the possibility of virus transmission.
- Through online tracking and reliable customer care support, customers can still have a great experience.
- Last but not the least, courier services are an extension of your business. It is the duty of the courier service to give you the best client experience by guaranteeing the safe delivery of products.
- A reliable 24/7 customer support team is available to answer your questions and resolve delivery issues. 100% customer satisfaction is fulfilled through quick and hassle-free delivery.
- When you outsource this job to a 3rd party, they become responsible for damage and misplacement. This makes them more careful and cautious while performing their duties.
Things courier firms are doing for the community as a whole
- Educating the community through social media and ad campaigns about how we can keep ourselves safe.
- Encouraging the community to monitor the health of their friends, family, and staff and to seek medical help and attention when one develops any flu-like symptoms.
It is clear that outsourcing courier service in the midst of this pandemic would be the best decision any business can make. They are your safest option, considering the strict precautionary measures and guidelines they follow. Maintaining such safety norms and precautionary rules by yourself would burden you and would be difficult for your in-house staff to focus on your core competency.
Hiring a courier service would take away the pressure of warehouse management, shipping operations and delivery. Smart Delivery Service is a reputed courier service in Dallas that has served businesses, the health care sector and individuals for years. You can reach out to us anytime for top-notch delivery service for your business. We also assist in the pick-up and delivery of PPE kits needed for your business. Contact us today to learn how we can help you reopen your business.